A day in the life of a care worker
What does the job of a carer involve:
You know you have a special way of taking care of others – maybe you’ve looked after a family member or you just want to make a difference to the life of another person by sharing your unique talents and skills to help them stay independent and live the lifestyle they desire.
As a carer, you may provide help with daily activities such as personal care services, companionship, and management of medication, meal preparation, light housekeeping or errands.
- No previous care experience is necessary
- Flexible scheduling of work– perfect for people of all ages with extra time on their hands
- Comprehensive training and support provided to enable you to maintain a safe environment, supervise daily activities, provide nutritious meals and manage challenging behaviours.
- Good source of income
- Incredibly rewarding
- A way to meet and interact with people
- An opportunity to try new things and get involved in your community
What can you expect a typical day to bring?
Being a provider of care at home services can be exciting and unique. No two days are alike.
At times there’ll be laughter and fun, on other days you will share emotional journeys and new experiences.
One thing is certain, you will have a great sense of achievement as you become aware of how vital your work is when you see on a service user’s face just how much he or she looks forward to your company.
You’ll know you’re making a difference when the people you care for take a renewed interest in activities they were once unable to do on their own.
You’ll work independently providing care at home for our clients, but you won’t work alone.
We will develop a schedule that you are happy with, to fit in with your available time commitments. The role is based at the location of your client‘s home and essentially involves travelling to and from their address or place of residence.
In return, working for Handle With Care (Black Country) Limited means enjoying wonderful benefits:
- Ongoing, high quality training to help you best handle every situation
- A friendly and supportive working environment with regular reviews where we can value your input and recommendations
- Compatibility matching ensures a good fit with clients and helps you both enjoy the relationship more
- Personal introductions help you start building your relationships.
You’ll feel great about the appreciation your service users will show you. Many Handle With Care (Black Country) Limited operational staff feel enriched by the experience they give to others.
We regard it as a special privilege to look after people with love, care and compassion – and we take our responsibilities very seriously.